Monday, May 28, 2012

Long (working) weekend

So I was totally a super productive dude this weekend! John hadn't see Avengers yet so we went to go see it before we started working on the nursery on Saturday. (I really should write a review of Avengers, I haven't enjoyed a movie that much in a long time.) Once we got back, John put the molding up around the vent while I did some painting touch up work.

After he went home, I kept working and started painting the trim and doors. I finished up the first coat on the trim Sunday morning before church, went to church and did the second coat when we got home. After that, Kelly and I went to her sister's house for a Memorial Day cookout where I chased around and played with my niece and nephews and had a few adult beverages.

Today, I cleaned up the mess in the nursery and pulled up the carpet and padding. The floor itself is in surprisingly good shape! I started pulling up all the tack strips and staples but I kinda hit a wall and decided I was done for now. Now we're getting ready to go to a picnic and I might do some more work when I get home.

On a slightly different note, the baby has been moving and kicking a lot lately! It's the coolest thing and I will never get tired of watching it. I can not wait til this little girl is born even though I feel like I won't have enough time to get everything I want to get done done. As long as I get the nursery done though, I'll be pretty happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment