Monday, May 21, 2012

Ugh, so sore

Didn't get too much actually done in the nursery this weekend. Pulled down the painter tape and it pulled off some of the ceiling paint so I gotta do some touch up. My buddy John (who has been helping a ton, because he's an Awesome Dude) came over and cut some molding that's gonna go around the vent. Using my new saw! I totally just wanna go around cutting things solely because I have a new saw.

Yesterday, though, kicked my butt. Our church used yesterday to go out and help in the community. We went and cut grass, pulled weeds, planted flowers for people that can't do it anymore. We're also sponsoring a house down the street from me where we're going to bring it up to code for a very nice older lady. I was part of the group working there and we did a TON of work, clearing out a bunch of overgrowth and some small trees. We're not even close to done (we haven't even started the painting or any of the actual repair work yet) but the lady said it's the first time she's seen the street behind her house in almost 30 years. I went to town on some bushes with a hatchet and now my whole right side of my body is sore as heck. But it felt awesome to do something that's gonna help somebody so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment